ANGEL HAND INITIATIVE
To supports the development of woman entrepreneurs, Empowering women and girls through hand crafts.
This program supports the development of woman entrepreneurs, Empowering women and girls through hand crafts.
The Angel Hands Initiative is a project created by Nasarawa State Human Capital Development Office that aims to proffer solutions to challenges faced by the state through engaging particularly (but not limited to) women and children in skills acquisition, provision of business start-up kits and market. It comprises of the following…
Hand Craft, Knitting and Crocheting, Straw Weaving, Embroidery, Fine arts, Accessorizing, Paper Recycling, Horticulture, Cosmetology.
- Reduce poverty among women while encouraging financial sustainability through projects that are less capital intensive
- Revival of handcraft skills good for youth engagement and creativity development
- Create safer means for girls to contribute financially to their families as against hawking and other related activities that expose them to dangers such as rape, unwanted pregnancies, drug abuse, gender based violence etc.
- Serve as an incentive to attract enrollment into schools for especially girls and vulnerable boys.
- Support the creation of new market channels through maximizing “low hanging fruits” opportunities to add to the SMSE’s strength for the State.