READ AND TELL
Creating a literate community that has a better understanding of the English language, in writing, speaking and also comprehension.
This program is designed to create a literate community that has a better understanding of the English language, in writing, speaking and also comprehension.
It is created to engage people physically and virtually through the book club, and create a podium for youngsters to express themselves in a language that is generally acceptable.
The Initiative intends to set up book clubs for Government Primary and Secondary schools in Nasarawa state, and also a general/Community based Book Club which is open for members of tertiary institutions, and all interested individuals with the minimum entry age of 18 years.
- Promoting interest for literature and reading in young people
- ensuring qualitative literacy
- Ensuring that there is better communication to enhance productivity even in the place of work.
- Ensure our primary and secondary schools meet national standards to mitigate poor performance (poor performance of written and comprehension is responsible for the low performance in national exams like WAEC, NECO, JAMB, etc.).
- The group club will serve as virtual and physical podiums where youngsters prepare themselves for future leadership roles.
- Creating a “safe place” where children are free to express themselves through “pen pals”.
- Create interest and encourage aspiring writers.