Nasarawa state Human Capital Development
This is who we are and what we represent.
Human Capital Development plays a vital role in sustaining the economic growth, boosting/ increasing productivity and reducing poverty. Human capital development highlights the need to invest in people through healthcare, education and labor force participation. For the country to accelerate the Human Capital Development the National Economic Council established the Core Working Group. The Core Working Group has articulated a Unified Long Term HCD Vision through a co-creation and co-development process involving representatives of the States of the Federation.
Core working group objective is to:
- ensure that they have their own strategy and implementation plan to increase countrywide HCD investment
- Engage state government to ensure prioritization of HCD investment
- Highlight quick wins at state and federal levels to improve the HCD of the country.
- Which Nasarawa State has their own vision statement which are:
- To accelerate growth and development of Nasarawa State through human capital development to make it among the 10 most competitive economies in Nigeria
- Nasarawa state human capital development optimizing skills and knowledge to maximize value of production
To have a healthier and better educated citizens
- Education (enrollment, completion and quality learning)
- Health (maternal mortality, nutrition, quality care and service delivery)
- Social development (disabled)
- Sports and youths development (Skills acquisition)
In order to achieve this vision they design and adopt interventions/programs that involves the HCD outcomes.
The National HCD Program focuses on 3 Thematic Areas and 6 critical Human CapitalDevelopment outcome areas
- Health and Nutrition; (social inclusion)
- Education (Social protection)
- Labor Force (Gender empowerment).
The outcomes are:
- Under 5 mortality rate
- Adult mortality rate
- Expected years of school
- Quality learning
- Labor Force participation rate